Since the late 1950s Steve has been collecting and making ship models to this scale (1 inch to 100 feet!). The largest model is around 33 cm long and the shortest around 1 cm.
The collection includes over 50 models from Triang Minic from the 1950s and 1960s, over 70 plastic kits from Eagle Ships also from the 1960s and plastic Revell kits current today, from the 1990s onwards.
Most of the earlier kits were of warships, particularly WW2 vintage, though the minic ships are ‘modern’ warships representative of the 1950s and 1960s.
Click below to view the different parts of the merchant ship collection:
- Wasa (Vasa) – Hull fitting out from 20 December 2020
- Wasa (Vasa) – Hull construction from 20 November 2020
- Amerigo Vespucci – running rigging and completion from 14 October 2020
- Wasa (Vasa) – Plans and kit contents from 22 June 2020
- Amerigo Vespucci – masts, spars and standing rigging from 17 June 2020
- Amerigo Vespucci – small boat construction COMPLETE from 30 May 2020
- Amerigo Vespucci – hull finishing COMPLETE from 25 April 2020
- Amerigo Vespucci – hull fitting out COMPLETE from 7 April 2020
- Amerigo Vespucci – hull construction COMPLETE from 27 March 2020
- HMS Endeavour – Sails and running rigging from 14 February 2020 & finished model