Since the late 1950s Steve has been collecting and making ship models to this scale (1 inch to 100 feet!). The largest model is around 33 cm long and the shortest around 1 cm.
The collection includes over 50 models from Triang Minic from the 1950s and 1960s, over 70 plastic kits from Eagle Ships also from the 1960s and plastic Revell kits current today, from the 1990s onwards.
Most of the earlier kits were of warships, particularly WW2 vintage, though the minic ships are ‘modern’ warships representative of the 1950s and 1960s.
Click below to view the different parts of the merchant ship collection:
- Amerigo Vespucci – hull construction from 27 March 2020
- HMS Endeavour – Sails and running rigging from 14 February 2020 & finished model
- HMS Endeavour – Masts and standing rigging from 9 February 2020
- HMS Endeavour – hull fitting out from 28 January 2020
- Amerigo Vespucci – planning and initial construction from 18 January 2020
- HMS Endeavour – hull construction from 7 January 2020
- Pond yacht Eve repair – from 6th November 2019
- Pond yacht Eve – fron 6th November 2019
- HMS Endeavour – internal hull structure and fittings from 3rd November 2019
- HMS Endeavour – hull construction from 28 October 2019