A collection of over 1000 scale model ships – diecast metal, plastic, scratch built – to the same scale 1:1200
Since the late 1950s Steve has been collecting and making ship models to this scale (1 inch to 100 feet!). The largest model is around 33 cm long and the shortest around 1 cm.
The collection includes over 50 models from Triang Minic from the 1950s and 1960s, over 70 plastic kits from Eagle Ships also from the 1960s and plastic Revell kits current today, from the 1990s onwards.
Most of the earlier kits were of warships, particularly WW2 vintage, though the minic ships are ‘modern’ warships representative of the 1950s and 1960s.
Click below to view the different parts of the merchant ship collection:
- Bristol Channel Pilot Boat “Cariad” from 10th March 2023
- Beaumaris Castle from 17th February 2023
- Virginia from 4 January 2023
- Locomotive from 26 December 2022
- Henrietta-Maria from 19 November 2022
- Bounty Jolly Boat from 7 August 2022
- Cutty Sark – Masts and Rigging from 27 May 2022
- Cutty Sark – Hull Construction from 23 March 2022
- Victory – Bowsprit, Masts and Rigging from 9 January 2022
- Victory – Hull Completion from 31 October 2021